Thursday, November 1, 2012

4 weeks, 4 days!!

I can't believe that my due date is only four weeks and four days away!! It seems unreal that this baby will be here before we know it!  Unfortunately, we are not ready...

We DO have the changing table in the bathroom.  We did get a cabinet out of our bedroom and replaced it with shelves to give us more floor space for the bassinet/crib.  We do have initials picked out.  We do not have anything washed (clothes, blankets carseat pads, etc) we do not have the bassinet out of the box, we do not have diapers, bottles...nothin'.  I guess the second time around it all seems less important compared to what is coming!

We have been attending birthing classes and we feel much more prepared than we did a few weeks ago, and that is encouraging.  We are going to attempt natural childbirth with no pain meds...(we shall see!) I think having Todd by my side will help me to get through it much more gracefully than last time!  I have noticed a lot of changes lately that make me think we may not make it all the way to our due date of December 3rd.  I have to admit, while not being pregnant anymore is appealing, we really want him to cook a little longer.  Rissa was born in the 8th month of 2008, and the new Alligator is due in the 12th month of 2012 so it would be fun to have him born in December!  Not to mention not being ready, and knowing it is healthier for him to cook as close to 40 weeks as possible!!

I keep calling the baby a he because I can't make myself say 'it' and because I just have a feeling this time is a boy.  This pregnancy has been very different than last time (which is not an indicator in and of itself, but still...) and I just think God knows we need a boy.  Rissa is so excited to be a big sister! She hugs and kisses and pokes at the baby and can't wait to hold him.

We are thrilled about our new lil' Christmas present and cannot wait for everyone to meet him!  We are having family portraits taken in mid December so I will be sure and let everyone know when we have wonderful photos to share! Love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment