Today I was going through my bookmarks on my phone's internet and came across Topher and Lisa's blog and it was so much fun to get that preview into their lives! I decided that I should start one too, and keep up with my distant family better! So, here I go, bear with me, I am new to this...
Let's see...today is May 4th so Rissa and I have been having a Star Wars day :) get it, May the Fourth be with you! hehe. So we watched the Return of the Jedi and some of Phantom Menace. She has been a real Star Wars fan lately, earlier today (before we even started watching the movies) she had a blanket wrapped around her and as she walked away she said, "I'm like a little Jawa" it was hilarious! She is getting so big so fast that it makes it hard to keep up with her at times. She is well over 40 pounds now, talking about everything, and really developing her own personality. We told her a while back that she was funny and she immediately responded, "I'm cute too!" She brightens every day. I still rock her to sleep, even though she doesn't really need it, just so I can hold her while she sleeps. I can't convey how wonderful she is!
Todd and I are doing well. We are trying to get a side company started called Vintage Penguin Studios. It is a production company for wedding videos, birthday, anniversary parties etc as well as documenting for insurance purposes and digitizing older media. We are working hard to get it off the ground, and so it has taken a lot of our free time.
Lately we have been talking about leaving Lubbock. We are mostly considering Denver, it has a much bigger job market, Montessori schools for Rissa, cold weather, and mountains!
I don't know when, or even if, it will actually happen, but we are excited to think about going out on our own for a while and running away from home. I hope each of you are doing great! If you have a blog please, let me know so I can follow you! I hope my first post wasn't too boring, I'll try to be good about updating!
oh...newman....
ReplyDeletei just wrote the longest post...probably a full page and a half comment....and failed to properly post it. you wouldn't believe it! it took probably 20 minutes to type out.
newman.
i love you wife. i'll tell you all about it tonight. i hope the job interview went very well!
you're adorable! i love you
ReplyDelete