Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Life Changes!


It has been a very crazy couple of weeks!  On Friday May 27th Lisa and Topher's son, Allen Ryan Bentley was born!  Mom, Dad, Todd, Rissa and I drove through the night in order to make it to Tucson in time.  We spent the weekend with the family and competing over who got to hold Allen.  :)  On Monday Topher, Jason, Dad, Bobby Cox, Skipper, Aunt Laura, Todd, Rissa, and I all went to the Pima Air Museum.  It was Rissa's first museum and I have to say!  She did great!  We didn't take a stroller with us to Arizona (oops!) but luckily, there was this super skinny wheelchair that we snagged.  I took a picture of her and Skipper next to each other in their wheelchairs watching an engine and it is precious!  I'll post it when I find it!
Then on Tuesday Aunt Laura, Todd, Rissa and I went to the zoo!  It was so much fun!  We got to see a polar bear swimming and a tiger stalked us!  :)





On Wednesday Skipper, Aunt Laura and us three Tidwells tried to go to the Old Tucson Studio but it was closed :( so we went to the International Wildlife Museum.  It was interesting and Skipper really enjoyed it!  Then Todd flew back to Lubbock in time to go to the All State Kart competition for Shriners since he is the President this year.  The next couple days were spent hanging out and shopping (Crate & Barrel!!!) and spending time with Toph, Lisa and the baby.  It was a great weekend and we all had fun!
Since we have been back, I have applied for some jobs and I had an interview yesterday with Norton Energy Drilling, a local company that does oil rig drilling across the South Plains.  They are needing an administrative assistant to help out in the main office and it would be such a great opportunity if I could work with them!  I am in the running against one other girl so hopefully I have the right stuff!!
CTK called and Rissa will be starting school with them on the 20th!!  We are excited for her to grow with them.  This week and next week she is doing swimming classes at Tech and is loving it!  She is by far the youngest in her class (all the others are 4 or 5) but you would never know!  She is really doing great.
Todd and I are planning our first weekend trip alone since our honeymoon!  We will be going to Denver in three weekends and we can't wait to check it out and make sure I am not allergic to Denver! (I am apparently allergic to Tucson since I broke out in a horrible rash while we were there that cleared up 24 hours after being home) 
Either way, we have had a great month so far, and we are hoping for it to continue to get even better!

Thanks for all the prayers!  And please pray that I get this job, it would be so amazing for us!
God bless all of you,
Love, us

P.S.  I tried to load the video of the tiger at the zoo but it kept rejecting it :(  so if anyone knows how to fix that...tell me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment