Monday, June 20, 2011

Day ONE of our new life and schedule!

Today marked the beginning of our new family chapter!!  Today at 6 am (about 2 hours earlier than any of us ever get up) Todd and I woke up to start the new routine and get us to CTK by 7:30!  And believe it or not, WE DID IT!!  We rolled into CTK just after 7:30 and got Rissa signed in to her class and met her teacher.  She didn't really seem to notice or care that we were leaving, she was just happy to have new toys and friends to play with! 
Then Todd took me to work at Norton Energy Drilling.  I walked in right before 8 and DeAnne, the head of HR, offered me a cup of coffee and we started our day.  It was a fun, relaxed and informative first day if there has ever been one.  I learned a lot about the drilling industry and how it works and got started on a lot of the paperwork that keeps the office going on a daily basis.  There is a lot of opening mail, stamping and entering bills into the computer, entering new hires and fires, sorting time sheets and drill productivity and while some may think it mundane office work, I actually love it!!  It is new and interesting and I am learning so much about how to run a business that I can apply to Vintage Penguin!  :)  DeAnne and Jay, the owner, are both great people and I am so lucky to be working with them and for them.  Tomorrow DeAnne is taking me out to the Levelland office to meet the staff there so I can put faces with the names I have been learning.  I have already been able to prove myself smarter and more compatible than the girl before me in just one day!  YAY!  We are all going to be so blessed because I have this job.  It is going to get harder and harder to be away from Rissa when I am so used to being with her, but she will do great at CTK and my salary will make so many things possible for us.
This weekend Todd and I are taking our first weekend vacation alone since our honeymoon!  We are going to Denver on Friday and staying until Tuesday.  Todd worked a couple of Saturdays and got some comp time and Jay and DeAnne are being kind enough to let me have the days off.  We are so excited to get away and enjoy some weather below 100 degrees!! 
I will get some pictures of Rissa's first day soon, and some from Denver! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aileen - That's just AWESOME about your job and Rissa's first day. I am so happy for you guys - and totally impressed that you got everywhere you needed to be on time. Wow. We are having some trouble with that here these days, so I know what a big deal it is. I hope your job keeps getting better and Rissa had a great first day. Can't wait for photos! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete