Monday, May 21, 2012

Annular Eclipse and Other News

Last night Todd, Rissa and I, Todd's parents, my parents, Bobby and Jennifer and my friend Brittany all went out to CapRock Winery to view the Annular Eclipse!  It was so much fun!  They ran out of food much earlier than they expected, so we had KFC instead.  Dad showed up with welding masks (which was great since they also sold out of the special glasses) and we had a blast!  Mark and Rissa got their picture in the paper and so did Brittany and Donna!  We also got some pictures on the website Spotted, so that was cool, too.  It was a great evening, here are some pictures including the pictures in the AJ and Spotted Lubbock.

 The whole gang, this was on Spotted Lubbock

 Here is Brittany reacting to the view and Donna enjoying it, this was in the AJ today

 Handsome men who got their picture on Spotted!

 Mom and me 

 hehe, which is Brittany and which is Aileen?!

 The picture of Rissa and Poppy from the AJ today!  


Us ladies on Spotted Lubbock

Jennifer has some KFC in her hand so Britt had to hold her glasses for her. 


Rissa really loved the welding mask!

I took this with my camera looking through a welding mask, it doesn't do it justice, but it is a cool shot. 




It was a wonderful evening!  And I am so glad that I have figured this blogging thing out enough to post some pictures, too!

In other news, I am still pregnant, about 12 weeks along now, I am ready to be finished with the first trimester.  It is going well, just moving along.
On Thursday, Todd and I met with Rissa's teachers to check up on her progress and get an idea of how this past year has helped her grow.  Her teachers were very optimistic and proud of her.  She is extremely intelligent, empathetic beyond her years, and is growing into her own emotionally.  She can make the proper sounds for almost all letters of the alphabet, can do simple math, ties her own shoes, and has a wonderful sense of humor!  They are constantly surprised by her, and have to remind themselves (just like we do) that she is only 3, not 5!   The only thing her teachers wanted to work on was the fact that in her drawing book, while she was able to give great descriptions to her drawings, she was only scribbling.  They said she needed to be drawing shapes and stick figures with their arms coming out of their heads.  Later that evening, I was sitting with mom on our porch and was filling her in on the parent teacher conference.  We went to dinner, she wanted some paper to draw on, and this is what she drew!  


Todd started it with the larger headed one on the right, then Rissa drew several, one is Daddy and one is me.  Then Todd drew our house on top and then later Jennifer drew the detailed ones in the middle (guess which one is my dad?!) lol, and she drew the cat.  But Rissa drew all the rest!! We were so blown away!  The next morning Todd took the drawing into school with him to show Rissa's teacher, and she was so proud!  She said,"Well, I guess she proved us wrong!  She never fails to surprise us!"  And if you notice, there is not ONE with their arms coming out of their head :)  I am a proud momma, to say the least.  She keeps us on our toes and never ceases to amaze!  We can't wait to see what she does next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment